Last week I did a couple of jobs around the garden.
Our Apple Trees have been growing quickly and their thin branches have been slowly flopping over.
I bought some 6 foot T-bars from Home Depot, cut some hose segments and gave the trees some support. Now they stand up nice and straight.
I also did some heavy pruning of some of the herbs in the garden. This basil was crowding out the mint plants, so I cut about half of it down. Here’s the after picture.
I also did some weeding and mowing. The big job I have been tackling is trying to save my grape plants from black rot (Guignardia bidwelii). I’ll have a separate post on that process soon.